If you are from the press, and would like to get hold of
a press pack/information and/or contact us, please contact the lovely
Emma at Stone Immaculate
for all the official press type stuff. She doesn't bite, really, at least
not when sober.
Reviews of the Channel Heaven single
of Indiecent Exposure Compilation (feat. Call The Girls) Compared
favourably (we think) to Elastica, Garbage and more...
of the Taste The Lollies LP - ***NEW!!!***
live review of the Brighton Frocks all-dayer!
- Oxford Indie Bible, Nightshift
from Ladyfest Scotland.
- A review of the March
Strange Fruit by the amazingly beautiful Kitten
Painting. Check out the rest of the site for more reviews, cute
drawings and (eeeep!) Bobby G cartoons.
- A review of the Bath show from Hermaphrodite
Zine featuring some very cute photos.
- Charlie submitted this review from, uh,
I think, Rock Sound magazine. It was reprinted in Vacuum Boots, as well!
- It is true. Our very first live review of our very first live show
was in the The NME, 23rd October.
Reviews of the BBBLLL EP:
- The lovely folks at Rough Trade said such nice
things about us in their weekly mailer.
- The Thurrock Gazette was perhaps not so
- Our favourite Pop Boffins seemed to like
us very much.
- We're not even Welsh, but NewWelshMusic.com
did a review of the Boycrush Pusher MP3 (and weirdly, mentioned a HNIA
comparison without even being aware of the connection).
- The Lollies' EP made the CMJ Best of 2000
- A lovely review of the EP from Insound.
Plagiarise The Creation? What, us?
- Hooray! Our first truly *bad* review, from Gay
Times Helen Love? Ouch!
- Strange Fruit's Fruitbowl Newsletter
gave us a lovely review! The first article to actually get all our nationalities
- A cute little review from The
Edge, Southampton University's paper. It's so refreshing when someone
actually gets it. .
- The Lollies scored a Beatles-like domination of CITR's November
Charts. Check out both number 1 and number 17!
- In this month's Exclaim, the national !Earshot
Charts had us at Number 30. This is even more of an accomplishment
when you look at those little tiny indie artists hovering around numbers
39 and 40.
- We charted on CHMA, the first station in North America to play us,
in March, 2000, August 2000
and September, 2000, finally hitting number
one in November, 2000. Yay, Zac Taylor,
One Liners and Others:
Read the original Lollies Press